Saturday, January 4, 2014

Thank you Maya Banks for warming my heart. (Originally posted to Facebook December 20, 2013)

Over the last few days I have read the entire Colters’ Legacy series.  From Holly’s frozen body in the snow to the children running wild and free over the mountains, the family warmed my heart.  Watching Holly grow from that scared woman into the indomitable matriarch of the family that intimidated Lauren’s two badass men was a journey in hope, faith and love.  Callie’s story made me want to smack Max but their beautiful house made me want to curl up on the porch and listen to the stream.  Lily’s story broke my heart but Caleb healed it. And then there was Lauren. Because it is Maya Banks you know there will be a happily ever after but still, to be at Lauren’s wedding was such a gift. 


So now I have closed the last book and said goodbye to the Colters, the Prescotts, the Sullivans, the Sullivan-Prescotts  and the Wilders but I think I will stay in Callie’s meadow for just a little longer, maybe sit on Holly’s rock, listen to the stream and enjoy the peace of the Colorado mountains.  Thank you for my new happy place Maya.


RifkaReader

No comments:

Post a Comment