Saturday, January 4, 2014

Stand Out Books 2013 (Originally posted to Facebook January 1, 2013)

2013 was the year I really fell in love with the Romantic Erotica genre. I have read so many good books and when I attended RAW 2013 I met so many amazing authors. I wanted to sit down and do a top 10 of 2013 but I kept changing the order and couldn't make up my mind and it kept growing and growing. So instead I have decided to do a list of the books that stand out for me in 2013. Yes it may be long but don't blame me blame all of the incredibly talented authors. 


First I need to say that E.L. James doesn't make the list, she is a category all her own. It is Fifty Shades of Grey that started it all for me and for that I will be forever grateful. 


Sirens in Bliss (Texas Sirens 8, Nights in Bliss, Colorado 10) - Sophie Oak

I love these 2 series. They follow family and friends, they overlap and characters cross over.  But this book brought them all together and inspired me to write my first ever review. I met Sophie at RAW and she is an incredible, honest & warm person. I will go back someday and read these series again, that's how good they are. 


Powertools Series & Hot Rods Series  - Jayne Rylon

Jayne is as raunchy as I get. And she's proud of it. Talking to her at RAW was one of the highlights for me. She can write an orgy as making love and I need a fan for every one of her books. I can't wait for the next Hot Rods and to see what else she cooks up in 2014. 


Colters' Gift (Colters' Legacy 5) - Maya Banks

This book finally got me to read the entire series and I love every moment of it. 


Burn, Rush & Fever (Breathless 1-3) - Maya Banks

Couldn't wait for the next one and was never disappointed. 


Their Virgin Princess & Their Virgin Hostage (Masters of Ménage 4 & 5) - Shayla Black & Lexi Blake

I love this series and always read the books the day they are released. I was fortunate enough to meet both of these awesome ladies at RAW and now have a signed book from the series proudly displayed on my shelf. 


The Young And The Submissive (The Doms of Her Life 2) - Shayla Black, Jenna Jacob  and Isabella LaPearl

I waited a long time for this book and it was worth every minute. Isabella asked me at RAW if I wanted a book or a good book. Isabella that you for creating a fantastic  book. 


Ours To Love & Wicked and Dangerous (Wicked Lovers 7 & 7.5) - Shayla Black

This was one of the series that made me fall in love with the genre and each book is better than the last. 


On Her Masters Secret Service, Sanctum & Love and Let Die (Masters and Mercenaries 4, 4.5 & 5) - Lexi Blake 

Another series I read the day it's released and just can't get enough of. 


Master Series 1-5 - Sierra Cartwright

I loved every single minute of every one of these books and can't wait for the next. 


One Night With Sole Regret & Sinners on Tour - Olivia Cunning

I can't help it I love the rock star books and no one does it like Olivia.


This Is Who I Am & If Only (Masters of the Shadowlands 7 & 8) - Cherise Sinclair

Another of my first series and always will be one of my favorites. Can't wait for the next one. And the one after. And the one after that. 


Entwined With You (Crossfire 3) - Sylvia Day

Gideon Cross need I say more. 


Alluring Indulgence Series & Club Destiny Series - Nicole Edwards 

I love series that follow a family or group of friends and let you watch them grow. These are both great examples. 


Rough Riders Series - Lorelei James

The ultimate example of following a family and one of my favorite series. I was so thankful for the family tree to keep track of them all. The McKays and their many branches will forever be in my heart. 


The Stark Trilogy - J. Kenner

Nikki is one of my favorite heroines. Watching her grow has been an experience. 


Because You Are Mine - Beth Kery

My first, but definitely not my last, serial novel. 


Bound Hearts - Lora Leigh

Another on of my first series that made me fall in love with the genre.  Nauti, Elite Ops, Tempting SEALs all have been part of 2013 for me. 


Brown Siblings Series - Lauren Dane

A little bit of rock star, a lot of family and an intricately woven story.  How could I resist


This Man Series - Jodi Ellen Malpas

Loved this series. 


The Blackstone Affair - Raine Miller

I loved every book including Cherry Girl


Finally I want to mention the Cougar Challenge series written by several authors already on this list and many who aren't. I loved this series and it inspired me to attend RAW. 


Must mentions are Natalie Acres, Cherrie Lynn, Melissa Schroeder, H. M. Ward, Katy Evans, Ella Fox, Kendall Grey, Joey W. Hill, K. Bromberg, Jamie Begley, Bella Jewel, M. Leighton, R. K. Kelly, Roni Loren Teresa Mummert, C. M Stunich and so many more. 


Thank all of you for so many wonderful moments in 2013.  Your talent has made me laugh and cry, blush and wear out so many fans. It has made me say "that position is not possible" (Jayne) and want to hug more than a few of your characters. I can't wait to see what happens in 2014. Cheers


RifkaReader

No comments:

Post a Comment